Bubbamon hits Firefox

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

Post by 6feet5 » 24 May 2008, 18:16

Hi,

The 404 means you have a saved the file in a location different from the one you enter in bubbamon settings. I hope you're not offended now, but when you say you saved the file in your '~user' directory, is that '~user' literally, as in '/home/dave/~user'? When you log on to the bubba web interface and select Filemanager, do you see a directory named 'public_html'? That's the right location. Create the directory if it doesn't exist and put the file there, then try again.

As for the missing downloads, have you verified the user settings so that bubbamon is monitoring the downloads for the right user (the one that started the downloads)? Logg on to bubba web interface using the same user and password you used when you configured bubbamon. Go to Downloads and verify the content.

/Johan

dave61
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 May 2008, 09:43

Post by dave61 » 25 May 2008, 08:31

Hi Johan

thanks for the prompt reply. I am certainly not offended by your question I know nothing so it's always possible that I have misunderstood something. However, in this case I don't think so. The .PHP file is in \\bubba\home\dave\public_html\ and the address in options is set to /public_html/hddtemp.php; relevant screen shots are here.

I have sorted out the "not seeing download status issue" which I think is related to a mismatch in Windows and Bubba user names (I was accessing from a work laptop with a different user name, when I switched to home PC all was OK).

Thanks for your help, Dave

6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

Post by 6feet5 » 25 May 2008, 12:35

Hi Dave,

First, the webserver will translate '~dave' to '/home/dave/public_html' so you must not include the 'public_html' in the path. Change it to be only 'hddtemp.php' and test it by entering the address 'http://bubba/~dave/hddtemp.php' in your browser.

Second, the intermediate settings are incorrect too (unless you've configured the web server to use the 'download' directory as well, if so ignore this). The intermediate directory is the directory where the actual '.torrent' file is stored , not the final file you get in the end (that IS stored in 'download' folder). This is only a temporary storage and the '.torrent' file will be deleted as soon as FTD (the bittorrent client) has picked it up). In my case, 'Intermediate as directory' is set to '/home/johan/MyBubba/public_html' which is an NFS mount to my home directory on my bubba. In your case you probably need to set it to '\\bubba\home\dave\public_html', in which case you also need to change 'Intermediate as URI:' to 'http://bubba/~dave'.

Nothing of this explains why you don't see the active downloads in bubbamon though. Did you solve this already?

/Johan

dave61
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 May 2008, 09:43

Post by dave61 » 25 May 2008, 13:05

Thank you again for your prompt response and apologies for my lack of knowledge.
6feet5 wrote:First, the webserver will translate '~dave' to '/home/dave/public_html' so you must not include the 'public_html' in the path. Change it to be only 'hddtemp.php' and test it by entering the address 'http://bubba/~dave/hddtemp.php' in your browser.
I have changed the address in option as you described and tried http://bubba/~dave/hddtemp.php in my browser, the result was a 403 error, however I can access the directory via Windows Explorer.
6feet5 wrote:Second, the intermediate settings are incorrect too (unless you've configured the web server to use the 'download' directory as well, if so ignore this). The intermediate directory is the directory where the actual '.torrent' file is stored , not the final file you get in the end (that IS stored in 'download' folder). This is only a temporary storage and the '.torrent' file will be deleted as soon as FTD (the bittorrent client) has picked it up). In my case, 'Intermediate as directory' is set to '/home/johan/MyBubba/public_html' which is an NFS mount to my home directory on my bubba. In your case you probably need to set it to '\\bubba\home\dave\public_html', in which case you also need to change 'Intermediate as URI:' to 'http://bubba/~dave'.
It seems that I have completely misunderstood this. The Bubba wub interface is not responding at the moment :(, I will reconfigure as you instruct as soon as it allows.
6feet5 wrote:Nothing of this explains why you don't see the active downloads in bubbamon though. Did you solve this already?
Yes, see previous post.

/Dave

6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

Post by 6feet5 » 25 May 2008, 14:29

Hi again,
Yes, see previous post.
Oops, I must be getting blind. I didn't see that last paragraph (and I just noticed the last picture had a nice progress bar too) Good thing it's working :-)

The 403 is a permission problem. The file or the directory it is stored in has wrong permission. Change so that all users have execute permission on the 'public_html' directory. You probably need to log on to bubba using SSH to do this (read this to get into bubba). Once logged on, run the following command to change the permission:

Code: Select all

chmod a+x /home/dave/public_html
/Johan

dave61
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 May 2008, 09:43

Post by dave61 » 25 May 2008, 15:42

Hi Johan

thanks for the advice on permissions, that solved the problem.

I can't get the directories right, they are set up as you suggest but drag and drop to BubbaMon on the status bar has no effect. Not sure it's relevant but when I add from the downloads screen in the web interface the files appear in immediately in \Downloads.

Business commitments mean that I probably won't have chance to work on this until next weekend.

Thanks again for your help, Dave

finnfix
Posts: 17
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 13:45

Not compatible

Post by finnfix » 18 Jun 2008, 03:23

I get a "Bubba Mon 0.5 is not compatible with Firefox 3.0", when I try to install BubbaMon...

6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

B

Post by 6feet5 » 23 Jun 2008, 16:46

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I've made a new release that will fix your problem. See http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?p=4303#4303.

/Johan

RealElwood
Posts: 42
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 05:17

Post by RealElwood » 11 Aug 2008, 16:35

I don't have the folder "public_html" on my bubba, how do i get it or do i just create it and give access for "others" in the web gui?

6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

Post by 6feet5 » 12 Aug 2008, 13:35

RealElwood wrote:I don't have the folder "public_html" on my bubba, how do i get it or do i just create it and give access for "others" in the web gui?
That should do it. You may have to create two symlinks from /etc/apache2/mods-available/userdir* to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled, I can't remember if I did this manually or if it was already enabled.

/Johan

RealElwood
Posts: 42
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 05:17

Post by RealElwood » 12 Aug 2008, 14:08

6feet5 wrote:That should do it. You may have to create two symlinks from /etc/apache2/mods-available/userdir* to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled, I can't remember if I did this manually or if it was already enabled.

/Johan
That's sounds complicated, could you explain for a linux newbie?

6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

Post by 6feet5 » 12 Aug 2008, 15:01

Hi,

I just looked at the symlinks I mentioned and the timestamps are similar to other files so I guess they are already there on your bubba.

All you have to do is create the folder (public_html) and set the permission from the web-gui. Drop any html file in the folder and try to access it with your browser, using address http://bubba/~username/filename.html where username is your name you use to log on to bubba and filename.html is the name of the file you just saved.

/Johan

pelle
Posts: 20
Joined: 14 Mar 2007, 18:46

error undefined

Post by pelle » 12 Aug 2008, 18:20

Excellent extension, thanks Johan!
I am running bubbamon with firefox 3 and (almost) all is well.

The only problem is that the "disk temp" shows "undefined undefined"

I have placed hddtemp.php in home/web and can access it through the browser. With http://bubba/hddtemp.php the output is |/dev/hda|ST3500630A|50|C| - so far so good. Diskusage, uptime and torrents are showing as they should. I can live without the disktemp but it would be nice to get it up and running.

Any advise?

6feet5
Posts: 269
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 17:32
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Contact:

Post by 6feet5 » 13 Aug 2008, 13:36

Hi,

Glad you like it.

Sounds like you've configured bubbamon wrong. What address did you enter in the address field (in the "hddtemp installed" section, "found on address"). If you put the file in /home/web, you should enter "/hddtemp.php" (notice that you should not enter the "http://bubba" part).

/Johan

pelle
Posts: 20
Joined: 14 Mar 2007, 18:46

Post by pelle » 14 Aug 2008, 09:22

Thanks Johan that did the trick :-)

I changed "http://bubba/hddtemp.php" to "/hddtemp.php" and now all is well.

Locked