Maybe this is OT, no forum seems right, but I would like some input on what media player (music only) to buy. I've been looking at SoundBridge and Squeezebox. Both seems like nice players, Squeezebox being far more expensive. Is it worth the extra money, is the server software working ok on bubba? I was hoping someone here might share their experiences about the player they have, the pros and cons on both hardware and software, how it's working together with bubba and what made you select the one you did (in case you bought it after the bubba), and perhaps more importantly, would you pick it again, knowing what you know now.
Tips on other players are also welcome, though it must...:
- - support the most common sound formats, especially mp3 and maybe ogg.
- be low powered and silent , no loud fans. The unit will probably be turned on 24-7.
- have it's own user interface. I don't want to turn on TV in order to navigate the collection.
- be good looking (both squeezebox and soundbridge looks great. I like the small format).
- of course be supported by my precious bubba.
- not necessarily be wireless but I guess it is good if it is
Thanks in advance. Your input is much appreciated.