How to upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "Settings" menu entry. Choose "Software update" in the sub menu.
Note: Make sure to keep the "hotfix" option checked (see below). Press the "Update system" button.
Note 2: This update is quite large, and will take some time, probably close to an hour.
Since the update service depends on root access to the MySQL database, if you have changed the default MySQL password the update will fail. If it has been changed, run the update from the command line. Default options should be ok, but you need to provide your MySQL root password.
To (re)install a system please read the users manual, section "INSTALLING & REINSTALLING SOFTWARE".
New features and major changes
* New backup user interface
* Sample photo album added from start (only for fresh installs)
* DLNA server (Mediatomb exchanged for MiniDLNA)
* Support for HP printers (including printer hotplugging)
* UPnP port opening in external routers
* PNG support in photo album
* Spanish language (user contributed) added to user interface
* SMB Workgroup changed from EXCITO to WORKGROUP to increase windows compatibility
* Various bug fixes
Note regarding the hotfix
For this update to complete, the hotfix is required to run. There are two options:
1) Keep the hotfix option enabled during upgrade
2) Update from command line interface. As root, run:
Code: Select all
change_distribution elvin apt-get -c /etc/apt/bubba-apt.conf -y update apt-get -c /etc/apt/bubba-apt.conf -y dist-upgrade